At Lighthouse Lane we hope you love your purchase as much as we do. However, we understand that shopping online means that you can’t touch and feel the lights you are buying, and sometimes what you receive may be different to what you expected.
Our light shades are made by hand from natural materials. There will be slight variations in colour, texture and size. This is what makes your light unique. These variations are not considered to be faults or defects. While we endeavour to represent all products as accurately as possible, there may be variations from the picture online to the item in real life. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions on a particular product prior to purchase.
Change your mind?
If you change your mind about your purchase, we are happy to offer you an exchange or store credit. All you need to do is:
- Let us know via email@example.com that you would like to return your light, within 5 days of receiving it;
- Provide proof of purchase;
- Send the light back to Lighthouse Lane in its’ original, unused condition within 14 days of receiving it. Please take special care when packing the light to return it, as Lighthouse Lane will not accept your return if we consider the light is used, or has been damaged, broken or lost during transit. You must pay all costs associated with returning the light shade.
Please note that returned goods are your responsibility until it reaches us, so we recommend transit insurance and shipping with signature on delivery. Your return cannot be processed until we have received the light shade back.
Once we have received the light shade, we will send an email to you to let you know that we received it. Please allow up to 10 days for your return to be processed. Your return will be processed less original shipping costs, and will be credited back via the original payment method.
Damaged or Faulty Item?
We take great care in packing your goods safely. In the unfortunate event that your lights are damaged in transit, we are happy to offer you an exchange, store credit, or repair if it is possible.
If the product you purchase has a major fault, we may offer you a refund, exchange or store credit. If there is a minor problem with your goods as defined in the Australian Consumer Law, we may repair the goods instead of offering you a replacement of refund.
All you need to do is:
- Let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org that your light has arrived damaged or has a major fault within 24 hours of receiving it, with clear images of the damage and the packaging. If the products are deemed to have been damaged in transit, we will either arrange to repair or replace it. If we deem your light to be partially damaged, but still useable, we may offer a partial refund.
If your light shade is damaged or faulty, you may have rights under Australian Consumer Law (ACL), which forms Schedule 2 to the Competition and Consumer Act 2010. Nothing in these terms excludes any right, guarantee or warranty you’re entitled to by law, however we do exclude all other guarantees, conditions and warranties to the maximum extent permitted by law. We also specifically exclude liability for negligence.
Wherever possible, our liability for breach of any condition, warranty or guarantee is limited, at our option, to:
- replacement of the product;
- repair of the product;
- payment of the cost of having the product repaired; or
- such other fair and reasonable remedy as we are ready and willing to provide.
We won’t be liable for any consequential loss or damage or other direct or indirect loss or damage, except where we are unable to limit or exclude such loss under the ACL. If for any reason the ACL doesn’t apply to an order you place with us (for example, if you purchase the product for re-sale without our authorisation), then we exclude all liability to you and we’ll only refund an order placed if we can’t fill it, if we think it’s reasonable to do so, or otherwise as agreed in writing.
Please choose carefully as we do not offer refunds for change of mind.
To make an ACL-related claim, please contact us at email@example.com
Please choose carefully as we do not offer refunds for change of mind on sale items.
On occasion, Lighthouse Lane may offer slightly damaged light shades for sale at a reduced price. Each item will have its fault clearly advertised. No returns, exchange or store credit will be offered for change of mind on these items.